Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Julie and Julia


I remember the first time I discovered Julia Child. It was the inaugural evening of Channel 13, then WNDT television, and they were presenting highlights of all the shows that were going to be featured on New York's new educational channel. The show was called "the French Chef" and over the years I learned to do a decent Julia Child impression. Unfortunately I don't really like French food outside of crepes and French fries.


The movie is worth seeing, but not worth all the hype. I am, however, a big Amy Adams fan. Loved both Miss Pettigrew and Sunshine Cleaning. The movie is entertaining and I can sympathize with an aspiring blogger wanting to be recognized. I found the original blog! Reading that may be a nice project. I wonder if Knopf knows how to get in touch with me.
Editor's note: I've been reading the original blog. Interesting. I can see Julia Child's point. I don't care for the person who writes that blog either.

No comments:

Post a Comment