Thursday, August 20, 2015
Putting socks on with wet feet
1) Not having time to dry your socks after the shower so you find yourself putting socks on wet feet. The socks cling to your feet and become immovable. The absolute worst thing is when they tear and you don't have time to put on a different pair of socks.
2) Getting outside and there is a sheet of ice on your windshield. You are too late for work to let the defroster do it's thing so you scrape your windshields, back and front.
3) You hear on the radio that there is a traffic jam on the highway. You figure, "Oh they are always behind. By now the roads are smooth sailing." Then you get into a traffic jam exactly where they said it would be.
The best parts of getting to work are:
1) When you wake up in time and are able to have a second cup of coffee and maybe even eggs.
2) When you are late to work but none of the supervisors are due in. Coming in late can be like a tree falling in the forest.
3) Getting to work and you hear a fresh piece of gossip. Gossip at work makes the entire day worthwhile.
So there they are. The pros and cons of going to work everyday versus retiring.