Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A Christmas Story


 I was going on a night hike through one of the towns in New Jersey that is known for its Christmas house displays. My ears detected in the back row two damsels discussing how much they enjoyed the Christmas story with its bee bee guns and other adventures. I started to talk about how that program is based on a short story by Jean Shepherd. None of the group ever heard of Jean Shepherd. I started talking about him but was interrupted by glees of delight upon coming upon a decorated reindeer. 

I started listening to the Jean Shepherd radio shows when I was about thirteen. The shows are available, sporadically, on the Internet, including YouTube. Here is Jean S. reading the story from which the tv show is based

Here is an old blog I wrote about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment