Sunday, December 19, 2021

More things I like

 

Today I'm going to recite more things that I personally recommend for the bored and afflicted with time to spare. 

Ellie Dashwood gives chats on YouTube about Jane Austen and the history of that era. Fun, and provides some insight into the Regency era.  She is not English, but is from Utah. 

Also for Anglophiles, Lucy Worsley does fun shows on the aristocracy of England and their homes. On PBS and YouTube.

Slate Money is new every Saturday morning and I wake up to it weekly with my morning coffee.

Editor's Note: There has been a lot of interest in the Beatles lately with the success of the Get Back documentary. It's okay but I will always believe that Beggar's Banquet is better than the White Album, Let it Bleed is better than Abbey Road and Jumpin Jack Flash is better than Hey Jude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment