Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shovel ready


Now we have a new president. The new president wants to use Keynsian economics to rev up the economy. Library directors, school superintendents, physical education coordinators, hospital administrators, etc. are being asked to submit projects that are "shovel ready". That means when the billions of dollars come barreling up from Washington the largess may help our own communities and causes. If they are "shovel ready".
I could use a new sofa. I should pick out one so when I get the call, I'll be "shovel ready".
The new president has two cute children. Perhaps one of them will one day ask to be appointed to the Senate.
Editor's note: I wrote a cute piece on the Kennedy election and inaugural for my Sixties Blog. Til that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment