Sunday, January 12, 2014

Have a blessed day


I've noticed about once a week on the elevator at work I'll hear someone say "have a blessed day". I guess it's sort of like a Christian version of "have a nice day". 

I was sitting in a bar when I heard this story. Apparently the woman sitting next to me was a landlady and she was telling her "have a blessed day" story. She had a tenant that made a mess of the apartment she was renting, was always late in paying rent but always said "have a blessed day" when she met the landlord. Finally, the landlady had her evicted, had the sheriff's officer come over and remove her and her belongings from the apartment. The next day the landlady emailed the former tenant and said, "have a blessed day!"

Sitting in bars is a great cure for writer's block. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment