Sunday, May 10, 2020

Face masks


A new cottage industry has sprung up in America. The selling of face masks. I got mine from a member of a meetup group and I now possess two cloth masks which I can wear when I go to the store. I take one with me when I go to the park but have recently noticed that most people aren't wearing masks there and anyway, there aren't that many people that you can't avoid them. I just don't breathe when I pass a hiker or dog on a walkway. 

Masks can also be used as fashion statements. You can spend serious money on one if you choose. Lately, because I'm old, I can get a free one from my local senior center. They are also finally cropping up at the Shop-Rite (for sale). 

I have noticed most people are wearing the standard hospital blue models. I have a more fashionable brown cloth model. When they open up the coronavirus museum in a couple of years, there should be a nice assortment of the things on display. 

The other thing I have noticed is that men seem to be growing beards. Below the masks I have noticed lots of facial hair among the masculine set. I am also growing a beard. It allows me to feel that at least I am doing something productive during my sojourn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment