Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Never put anything in writing


 In a previous life I was a big shot in a local public library. We had a new young director who wrote a rather complicated memo on weekend parking. I wittily wrote a satire on the memo and passed it around the staff. Said director saw the memo. She complimented me on my wit but said I should be careful in the future about putting satires of library policy in writing. A snide remark in the breakroom is fine but putting things in writing can lead to a fall. 


This takes us to the North Carolina Senate race. Apparently the married Democratic opponent sent out some flirtatious texts that found its way to the front pages of a North Carolina newspaper. Never a good idea. Politicians also need to be wary of cell phones that can turn into cameras. Candidates for public office and office wits should know better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment