Friday, February 12, 2021

Things I've learned from Firefly Lane

 

Being a man, I have learned so much from Firefly Lane. I never understood female bonding before. Yes, Beaches was a good introduction, but now I understand the process where women bond for life, through thick and thin. 

I never fully understood the sixties, but now, with the depiction of Cloud, I am cognizant about how women who live a hippie lifestyle mature into difficult women. Whenever I saw a scene that Cloud was in, I somehow knew it would end badly. I was able to predict that the scene where she sings in a fancy restaurant would end badly. 

I now understand how men in high positions in the media are manipulative and not very pleasant. I now know how women are treated in television. 

I never fully understood what divorce was, what pregnancy was, or what a miscarriage was until I saw Firefly Lane. Now, a man in his sixties, I comprehend these things in a way I never did before. 

So many things that I never learned in life I have been taught by this fine program. Watching it is like getting a doctorate in women's studies, without the time and expense. Thank you Firefly Lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment