Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Shopping bag day

 


And now the second step in the Californication of New Jersey. The end of free plastic bags at the supermarket. Just watching the tv news and learned that some stores are giving out free re-usable shopping bags. Unfortunately the store I went to was not doing so. At any rate I have been collecting plastic shopping bags for months and have a few re usable bags I have collected over the years.

Things went pretty smoothly. I tempted fate by trying one of the  self check out stands. I could fit my plastic bag in the metal poles where the free bags used to be. I placed my large re-usable bag on top of the scale. I filled out the bags like I usually do.

At the very end the screen asked me how many bags I used. I was going to punch in 2 then I remembered those were the bags I brought and they may want to charge me for using their bags. Instead I  pushed the zero button. I got my change and my receipt and headed for home. 

I now need to remember to bring the re-usable bag back to the passenger seat to the car so I don't forget next time.  In a few years New Jersey will have a Republican governor and people will blame it on the shopping bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment