Tuesday, November 3, 2020

I'm going to miss all my email friends after the election

 

This year I donated to the Democratic Party. I did it in response to an email. As my reward, every day I get about ten emails from people wanting more where that came from. I think I have gotten more email from Nancy Pelosi than anyone I have ever known. 

Over the months I have developed close pen pal relationships with Chuck Schumer, Barack and Michele Obama, Carole King, Sara Gideon, Mark Kelly, Stacy Abrams, Amy McGrath, Jaime Harrison, Pete Buttigieg, Adam Schiff, "Kati", "Scott", and Joe Biden (he put "Here's the deal" in the subject line).

I am afraid that after the election all of my new friends will have abandoned me. Like being hounded by an aggressive student bucking for a A who forgets the teacher completely after the grades are in, I am afraid of being forgotten. No longer being prodded for money I'm afraid I will feel useless and unwanted. Fair weather friends will no longer need me. 

Well maybe not. Some of them will need to pay off their creditors. 



No comments:

Post a Comment